Thursday, December 3, 2009

Replacement part soon!

I have to say I am a little bummed right now. I was supposed to be starting school in February, and it is beginning to look like I won't be going. Because of the screwy way that FAFSA bases everything of of what you made last year and not of of what you will actually be making at the time of school, I don't qualify for much. It is like they don't take into consideration to go back to school full time, I will probably be quitting work, or not working as much. Plus we are making less money in Georgia than we did in Arkansas. Anyway, no decisions are made yet, but things aren't looking good and I am just on the bummed side.

Spinning: So because of all of this going on I didn't do much of anything last night, however I did get my spindle out the night before. I didn't do much, but I needed a spinning fix. I did get and email today from Nels and I should be getting a replacement part soon. That was the best part of waking up this morning was the buzz of that email coming through to my phone. It isn't that I don't enjoy drop spindle spinning. I really do. I surprisingly find it much more calming than wheel spinning. And more frustrating. I don't feel like I have quite as much control over it. I tend to spin finer on my spindle, but not quite as consistant as with my wheel. I also seem to have trouble getting enough twist. I am not sure if a different weight of spindle would help with that problem, but I do enjoy the finer singles. Ok Then there is the next issue. I have one spindle. I have never plied with my spindle before. I am not real sure what to do about that. I get how to if I were to have 3. That would make sense. But one? So I guess I need to do a little homework on spindle spinning, er plying. Oh and I am short. Standing or in a chair I am short. Usually about the same height. So I feel like I am constantly winding or hitting the floor (not dropping, just getting that long) This kinda irritates me because even though I don't have to stop/start anymore, I feel like I am still doing the whole start/stop thing. I need to work more on it. Maybe I will do that tonight.

Knitting: I have about 5 rows left on the never ending sleeve. Plus the 1-2 inches after. It is never going to get done. And somehow, though my gauge hasn't changed, I feel like it is gigantic. Wrong needle size? I don't know. It fits my husband. May end up being slightly long, but it is a rolled cuff sleeve, so it is SUPPOSED to be a little long. Anyway, it will be done by Saturday. Oh and I have been knitting it on 2 circs. Until Tuesday night when I accidentally picked up the wrong other end and worked out the other circ. Yeah I realized that I could have stopped with the second circ about, oh 20 rows ago. *eyeroll* I am such a dipstick. It would have been going much faster if I had realized this sooner. I will be starting the second sleeve and the blankie for my favorie little 3 year old this weekend, hopefully. The blankie is crocheted so it won't take me near as long as it would if I was knitting it. That is the only thing that I absolutely love about crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment